1) Soil pH has a major impact upon nutrient availability. The ideal pH is 6.4 and any substantial variation from this figure spells less nutrition for your crop or garden.
2) The pH reading on your soil test reflects an average of the area tested. A user-friendly device like this allows immediate feedback to check specific problem areas which may be linked to pH variations within a block.
3) DIY soil pH testing usually requires mixing together equal amounts of your soil and ionized water to form a paste which is gently swirled for 5 minutes prior to testing. The NTS Soil pH Meter offers similar accuracy by simply plugging into the soil and measuring the reading. When it’s this easy you are more likely to do it!
4) Most home gardens we test have a low soil pH, reflecting a lack of liming. Calcium is the trucker of all minerals so if it is missing you will not achieve optimum nutrition for your family.
5) If you own an easy-to-use meter like this you can monitor your progress as you correct your soil pH.
6) This device also measures soil moisture. It is common to determine watering requirements based upon visible moisture on the surface. This tool will indicate if there is a genuine need to water and may reduce overwatering as a result. In an age of permanent water restriction this feature becomes of vital importance.
7) This a great gift for a home gardener or commercial grower at a reduced price.
For more information, or to place your order for a Soil pH Meter, please contact NTS on +61 7 5472 9900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.